12.09.2012

Four Months and First Freeze

Here's a look at my Sunday night. Now tell me this is not a prime blogging opportunity!


Temperatures dropped this weekend in Lubbock. Finally, it feels like the holiday season! And this year -- we have a fireplace.  And room for a tree. And windows without a draft.  Have I mentioned how much I love our home?

This week, I got an e-mail from my old friend The Knot.  (A website I never use, by the way. I forget about it! Any other brides find the same thing?Whoops.) Anyway, so this e-mail.  I clicked on it, and had to blink a few times. The message said we were 4 months away from our wedding! FOUR MONTHS! I never thought I'd see this day come.

I guess it should stress me out, but it doesn't. I have a tendency to change my mind, so I know better than to buy/plan/organize too many things too far in advance.  And let's be honest -- I work on deadlines for a living.  Of course I'd plan a wedding on that same accord.

So needless to say, I was excited to get to work! This week, we:

1.) Paid our photographer
2.) Approved floral proposal
3.) Booked transport for downtown guests
4.) Ordered a few "prezzies" for our darling flower girl and dashing ring bearer
5.) Registered at Target
Evan clearly has different ideas for what we "need" to start our life together. That's a "gaming ottoman" in case you can't see it. 
6.) Picked cotton (its use is TBA! But we met in West Texas, of course we'd have to incorporate cotton into our wedding.)

And 7.) the best part -- booked our honeymoon! We'll be relaxing our first days as Mr. and Mrs. in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. We are SO excited!


We do still have 4 months until the sun and sand, though. Until then -- we'll be enjoying our fireplace and of course, the hot chocolate...

No marshmallow left behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment