They say once baby arrives, you'll feel love like you've never experienced. They were right. She's amazing, and I'm so smitten with her. But it's her daddy that made me realize love can, in fact, go even deeper.
Evan, you deserve more than some silly blog post. And whoever reads this deserves more than some silly love letter to my husband. But seeing you as a father, as my child's father, gives me all the feels. It makes me the happiest person in the world. Even in these first few weeks of weepy baby blues and long, sleepless nights -- you are the reason I made it through.
Grateful is the word here... but even that, I don't think, covers it all. I'm not even sure I'll ever be able to cover it all. But I'll try.
I just feel the need to say thank you. For everything. From holding my hair back during labor, when the epidural hadn't been given yet and the pain made me sick. Then laughing with me after the epidural, about what a mess I'd been.
I just feel the need to say thank you. For everything. From holding my hair back during labor, when the epidural hadn't been given yet and the pain made me sick. Then laughing with me after the epidural, about what a mess I'd been.
Thank you for pledging in the hospital, to change every diaper in those first days.
Thank you for your patience, when we got home and realized -- we have no idea what we're doing.
Thank you for helping around the house, when you knew the mess was driving me crazy but I hadn't done anything about it.
Thank you for making me oatmeal every morning.
Thank you for being so kind, when I'd break down in tears for the hundredth time in a day.
Thank you for being so kind, when I'd break down in tears for the hundredth time in a day.
Thank you for reaching over at night, and holding my hand.
Thank you for supporting me. With an unending amount of patience.
And maybe most importantly, thank you for being the best dad to our daughter.
Thank you for supporting me. With an unending amount of patience.
And maybe most importantly, thank you for being the best dad to our daughter.
I remember looking over at you at our first ultrasound, seeing how excited you were, and wondering how it was possible to fall in love with you all over again.
Now I'll never forget looking over at you once we heard those first cries, and the doctor placed our girl in my arms for the first time. THAT is falling in love again. My heart remains so full.
You make me the happiest. And I hope I get the chance to repay all of these debts to you.
xoxo,
JO
No comments:
Post a Comment