We survived the move into our new Fresno home (almost) just in time to host Thanksgiving for Evan's mom!
We closed on November 8th, I turned 25 on November 15th, and Mary arrived on the 26th. Whew. Those couple of weeks flew by. Still working on a few things around the house, but it was in order enough to find some very crucial things: the roasting pan and... well, the wine I suppose.
 |
| Too many cooks in the kitchen? |
 |
| Bear seems to think so. |
 |
| Bear loves pictures. |
This year was a first for me -- I actually cooked a turkey! I followed the advice of Ina Garten, and she got me through it. Maybe I'll try something fancier next year, but my goal this time was just to get it cooked through and not give anyone food poisoning.
 |
| Evan carving the masterpiece. |
After our feast for three, we made the short drive up to Yosemite National Park. It's only about 2 hours from Fresno, and worth it. Fun fact I've learned about living near the mountains: these drives make me incredibly carsick. As long as the destination is worth the journey, am I right? Below are some pictures I took, they'll pretty much speak for themselves. :)
 |
| Yosemite Valley, looking at Half Dome. |
 |
| Half Dome is in the middle, that curved thing. |
 |
| Good-looking guy in the Valley. |
 |
| Evan got to break in his new boots. |
 |
| The waterfalls were a little sparse, but not a week later from when I took this it rained and they are supposedly gushing again! |
 |
| In the spring, those rocks are typically covered by water. Drought, anyone? |
 |
| This deer was so close! Must be used to people. |
 |
| My dear with a deer. |
 |
| So close! |
We ended the day with some drinks by the fire at the Historic Awahnee Hotel. Gorgeous building, with some pretty stellar views.
 |
| View at the grand room. |
Evan is looking forward to many camping/backpacking trips up there this spring/summer. And apparently, I will be joining him. I may just get lost and end up (saved) right here in this great room. But it will be totally on accident, I swear. Stay tuned. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment