12.31.2014

2014: A Look Back

As I enjoy my second cup of coffee, on the couch, with Bear (yes, he's up here with me... breaking the rules... don't tell Evan) I can't help but think about what a year it's been.  Change, in every sense of the word, met us in 2014.  Not easy change, mind you. But I am still very grateful for this life we have.

We still miss Gordon dearly.  Evan's dad passed away in May, after a frustrating battle with PSP.    The holidays were especially hard, since it was all about our "firsts." First Thanksgiving, first Christmas, without him. I've learned, it doesn't get easier. But we made it. I know he celebrated right along with us, forever in our hearts.

I'm pretty sure he's singing along to Boomer Sooner.
The ultimate sign of welcoming a daughter-in-law to the family. :)
Another obvious change for 2014, was our big move to California.  I'll be honest, the weeks leading up to it were not easy for us. Mostly me. It's the biggest move I've ever made; I had a hard time leaving my beloved home state, my family, my friends. Fortunately, I have a very patient and supportive husband, who handled my sporadic meltdowns with grace. (Oh, you don't know about those? I can't be lovely to be around all the time. I know, breaking news.)

4 months into our new landing spot, I'd still say it was a good move.  We both really enjoy our jobs, our new home, and we've picked up some new hobbies along the way (thanks, great proximity to wine country and mountains!) The hardest part is still not having our circle of friends and family close, but no one ever said it's bad to have too many friends. We're working on that. :)

So here's to a new year, new adventures, new lots of things.  I look forward to new aspects of change, but hope some things stay the same: our good health, our good fortune, our lives together.  And we hope the same for you.

Here's to the new chapter.  Happy 2015, friends... we are so grateful for each and every one of you.  Much love from year one in California. xoxo

The Onstots, Christmas 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment