Please forgive me if I sound a bit melodramatic, but today I feel as if I'm rising from the ashes. After three days in bed, and 5 days of feeling like there were needles poking my brain... I think I'm gonna survive. Survive what, you ask? Not sure, 'cause I never went to the doctor. (Whoops.) But I'm pretty sure it was the flu, considering my symptoms match what WebMD has to say about it. Either flu, or the Black Plague. The internet can sometimes be a bit vague.
Seriously though, everyone I spent any sort of time around recently had the flu, so I'm assuming it was just my turn. I'm feeling so much better today though. I ate, took a bath, heck -- I even shaved my legs. Maybe tomorrow I'll brush my teeth before noon. Don't want to push it though.
I'm kind of bummed I got sick, because I was proud of the fact that I had not been stuck-in-bed-can't-eat-can't-think sick since, oh -- 2009? My streak is over. Drats.
Anyway, not sure where to even begin catching up. I'll guess I'll start in October.
Chicago: Celebrating Nick & Rob
 |
| We watched the Mizzou game at an alumni bar. This kid loves his Truman. |
 |
| After Mizzou, I got to watch OU play on this tiny TV above a door. Beggars can't be choosers! |
 |
| We took a mini-tour of the 'hood, which included a walk around Wrigley. |
 |
| Just two broadcasting buddies. |
 |
| A few of the Grizzled men, at Nick & Rob's Sunday Funday. |
November: The Great 28
I turned 28 on November 15th. I'm still okay divulging my age since I'm still in my twenties... but just know, in two years, these birthdays will turn into anniversaries.
I like to call this birthday "the great 28" because quite frankly, it was just a great day. It started with a massage, nails with my LBK BFF, and presents. Then it was all punctuated by my husband cooking dinner and surprising me with Allison and Brian as guests, and getting my boss to let me have the 10pm newscast off. Absolutely spoiled.
 |
| The master chef's delicious Boeuf Bourguignon! |
 |
| Allison & Brian were there, too. Amazing friends! |
All in all, 2013 was an amazing year with so many things to celebrate and be thankful for. Speaking of thankful, I should launch into Thanksgiving and Christmas right now but I think I've done all the blogging my attention span can handle for right now. I think I need a nap.
I need to be not sick like, yesterday. Thanks a lot, flu.
No comments:
Post a Comment