We did it. We picked the venue -- and a date! And for all my friends already living in wedded bliss, I know you know this must be one of the toughest parts.
Ever since Evan and I started talking that we actually liked each other enough to tell the government, there were a few things we knew about our wedding. We wanted to get married in Austin, under a big tree, in the fall.
Well, one of those things is happening. We're getting married in Austin. Under a chandelier. On April 6, 2013. Oops.
How quickly minds change when it's all actually happening. Evan's proposal, however perfect, was a little late in terms of securing a venue in Austin in the fall. There is certainly no shortage of places down there, but apparently Austin is the new "it" location in "destination" weddings. Consider us trendsetters. Of course, this is no surprise to us. We are so "it!"
So, with our October hopes dashed -- we replaced them with the realization that we don't care when we get married... we just care that we do. And we are, so problem solved. My parents must be paying Evan a fortune to do that!
After much deliberation (and I mean MUCH) we decided on Kindred Oaks in Georgetown. It's absolutely perfect and I can't wait for everyone to come to Texas and see exactly why we loved it so much. I think you'll find the dance floor up to standard to showcase your amazing moves, and there's a bar -- so, if you don't like it... just keep drinking. You'll like it eventually.
Now, much to Evan's friends chagrin, our date may or may not fall on the same day when Mizzou makes it to the Final Four. Yes, Evan is concerned that the wedding interferes with March Madness. And with a basketball season that has not happened yet. But after dealing with conflicts for ACL, SXSW, UT Football, the Austin Rodeo, Governor Perry's haircut... I kind of put my foot down. I like 4/6. I like that they're even numbers, and I like that it's far enough ahead in April to not cut sweeps too close. (TV News friends, you know what I mean.)
So, Grizzled men, please direct your complaints to me. I welcome your whines and cries now, because -- as Evan says -- the surest way to get Mizzou to the Final Four is to have our wedding the day of the games. You'll thank me later! I am SUCH a good fiancee!
In all seriousness... I cannot wait until April 2013. Now comes all the fun parts -- dress, cake, weight loss, crying -- and we have plenty of time to get it all done.
Until the next decision... here's to counting the days! We're stuck with each other. Oy.
UPDATE: Evan wants me to make clear, that there was no scheduling conflict the week following Final Four. The date would've been 4/13/13. I nixed that. Two 13's!!! He thinks I'm being ridiculous. I probably am.
Sooooo excited you have a date and place!! Who cares about basketball anyways;-)
ReplyDelete