12.28.2011

Christmas Joys

Evan's talents at blog-posting are temporarily suspended. (See blackmail from below post.)

In the meantime, we're both recovering from a busy but fantastic holiday season. It was one of many firsts. Most importantly, it was our first time to spend it 'physically' together. We also shared our first tree, our families, and Bear got to wear his new Christmas bow-tie.

My family visited a few weeks before Christmas, since we would be spending it in Denver with the Onstots. It was Parker's first plane ride, and my brother's family's first trip to Lubbock.

We took Parker and Meaghan to Santaland. The line to see Santa was way too long, so Parker snuck a peek through the door. We told him he had already put in his request in Dallas -- and Santa never forgets!

This little dish was personally, one of my favorite gifts of the season. (Besides my ring, of course!)


In Denver, it snowed 13 inches the day we arrived. Perfect for this Texas girl. I went sledding for the first time! (We were the only adults without children there.)

What a natural.
I also enjoyed seeing my Denver boy in his natural habitat.

On Christmas Eve-Eve, we celebrated Evan's brother Colin and his future wife Christy, by each hosting their respective Bachelor/Bachelorette parties. The girls spent dinner in bed. Sort of.

On Christmas Eve, we walked through the Denver Botanical Gardens to look at all the lights. I know next time I need thicker socks. Fortunately, my frost-bitten feet are not visible in this photo. This is the Onstot family and their future daughter-in-laws. (Two weddings in one year? Oy.)


I'm feeling so ever grateful for all of those in our life. And so excited for the many years to come. Now if only we can get Evan to post more flattering pictures of his sleeping beauty.

Merry Christmas from the future Mr. and Mrs. Onstot!

No comments:

Post a Comment