After a crazy year of weddings in 2013, it's kind of nice to have only one so far in 2014. That wedding, being for our dear friends Cody and Melissa Failinger-to-be! I met Melissa back in 4th grade in REACH. That's right, fellow RISD-ers... we were smart little cookies. (I wonder what went wrong?!) (Kidding.)
Anyway, we celebrated our bride in March with a weekend getaway to trouble New Orleans. It was such a whirlwind weekend -- my flight left Lubbock at 6:45am Friday and returned at 6:45am Sunday morning -- but it was totally worth the lack of sleep. I know the rule is what happens at the Bachelorette party, stays at the Bachelorette party... which is why I will simply skim this weekend. There was just too much fun had not to share SOME pictures of what we got ourselves into. Here's a snapshot of an amazing few days with a few of my favorite girls!
 |
| Adorable cups that made sure everyone knew what we were doing. (As if we needed cups for that. ha!) |
 |
| Signature girl pic in the elevator. |
 |
| Ready for our first night out! |
 |
| First stop, hurricanes at Pat O's. |
 |
| Tri Delt's reunited... you just kinda have to. Don't judge us. |
 |
| For the record, that white cup is water. |
 |
| Saturday's early view from the the hotel. Good morning, NOLA! |
 |
| Some Berkner Rams posing in front of the steamboat cruise. (Which was so much fun, btw.) |
 |
| Saturday night with the girls... and LA Hard Bodies. |
Like I said, this post is slim for obvious reasons... some bachelorette stories are best left untold. Ha! However, I will always think of this weekend when I hear "Happy" "Let It Go" or even "We can't stop." Also, I'll never look at a "Hurricane" the same way again. Can't wait to party again in June! (Just maybe, on a little lesser scale. I can't hang like I used to!)
Love you, Mel!
No comments:
Post a Comment