1.13.2013

Goodbye, 972.

Today Evan and I merged our cell phone accounts.  We'll be saving $80 a month, we finally got upgraded devices (ie, iPhones with a flash) and I also got a new charger -- which I need, because I accidentally sucked mine up into the vacuum cleaner.

What I didn't expect, or necessarily want, was a new number.

Alas, I am officially no longer a 972. Lubbock just keeps finding new ways to suck me in, and now it's with an 806.

It's all because in order to share a plan, we also had to share an area code. Listen, AT&T... just because I'm ready to share my last name with this man, does NOT mean I'm ready to give up my phone number I've had since I was 16.  I am oddly connected to my old number! I can't memorize something new! I just recently memorized Evan's... and now I have to figure mine out, too? Oy.

Side note, this entire post would qualify for a hash tag -- #firstworldproblems. I'm not ashamed. Only slightly.

Farewell, 3GS. I will miss you, and your Dallas area code. At least I'm still a Texas girl.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed! I'm still holding strong with the 469, and it annoys everyone here. They still just use seven numbers to dial... It's frozen in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Lubbock doesn't dial area codes either! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete