So, in honor of Evan and I both finally being adults and putting some roots down, I wanted to document our last (at least for awhile) move.
It's funny though, how attached you get to a place. Especially a rented one, like the Tech Terrace house. I will miss it. It was the first home we shared together, and where we got engaged.
| Remember this? Aww. |
It also had the best backyard, where we had many ridiculous get togethers. So first things first -- we had to host one last party there. This is the only picture I remembered to take, but I think it's a pretty fair assessment of how that one went.
![]() |
| The doctor, dancing in lights. Why not? |
After we recovered from THAT, it was time to tackle packing. Evan sure was quick to take my diploma off the wall.
![]() |
| Look at that grin. What a jerk! |
My favorite part of moving is always the cleansing part. It's like my OCD's own little holiday. And I was so proud of Evan, getting rid of so much! We're talking DOZENS of old DVD's, old clothes, books, kitchen stuff he'd had in storage for years, and......... his Nintendo pajama pants.
To be fair, he bought these for a Halloween costume. However, a man in his 30's should prooooobably let them go. (I love you, honey!)
There were still several DVD's that couldn't be parted with after all that. And here is where they landed on our first day of moving.
| Sidewalk Sale! I'll give you a great deal. |
I'm not ashamed to say that one of the first things we unpacked was the bar. Still classin' it up with the MD.
| Note: that was a gift from our boss. No joke. |
When you move, you come across things that make you say, WHY? Below is evidence of that.
| We may not have a cup of sugar, but we certainly have scissors. |
What's that? You want to see pictures of the house? But of course! Here's a few. Please bear with me as we still have decorating and painting to do... and the fact that my iPhone doesn't have flash.
![]() |
| Living room, from the front door. |
![]() |
| Living room, looking from the kitchen. |
![]() |
| Front guest room. |
![]() |
| Kitchen! |
I crack myself up.
Julie








No comments:
Post a Comment