3.12.2012

Kicking Off the Engagement

Boy meets girl, boy buys ring, boy and girl are spoiled by friends... and we call this an "engagement party."

I'd love to shake the hand of whoever thought up the idea. Not only do we get a big party the day we actually say "I do," we get to party before then -- just because I said "yes!" And I'll be the first to tell you, a.) I love parties and b.) I love when it's all about me. Okay, kidding about the last part -- but seriously, engagement parties are so much fun. And we've been blessed enough to have TWO.

Our first celebration was back in February, when my parents threw an all-encompassing shindig that was part Evan & Julie, part my brother's 30th, and part my sweet niece's 1st Birthday.

Miss Meaghan Rose takes after her aunt, and loves being in front of the camera. (Ha!) Look at that precious face.

Evan and I actually took very few pictures during the party, and we don't have a single one of us together. Whoops. However, I did steal a few from my mom's Facebook. (Thanks, by the way!) It was awesome to have my high school friends together, plus two newbies to the Dallas area. (Andy & Lauren... ahem.)

Of course, there was cake. And our faces looked just as good ON it, as they did while eating it.

Fast forwarding to March, our dear friends Allison and Brian threw us a second ah-mazing party. Even better because it allowed them to show off their new house!

Here's Brian showing off the noshing spread...

The hostess is now my first "official" Bridesmaid!

And Brian is also the first "official" groomsman. Shaping up to be a pretty good lookin' wedding party, I must say.

The theme was "Stock the Bar" -- and our bar is certainly well stocked now. Ole!

I hope those who came brought things they like to drink because I have no idea how we are going to consume all of that before we die. So, consider this your invitation for some cocktails at the Musgrave/Onstot abode this summer!

Now that we've partied our little hearts out, I guess we'll get onto the actual wedding planning part... unless there's another party to be had out there?

Kidding.

Thank you Mom & Dad, Allison & Brian, and everyone who's been a part of our engagement in any way so far... your love and support mean the world to us. And THAT'S no joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment